Friday, April 8, 2011

Faux Gras Toasted Walnut Lentil Paté - keeps me from being a "cheating vegan"

Every saint has a past and I'm sorry to break the news, but most preaching health food enthusiast started out on junk. I love to laugh at the "old Medea" and inspire people around me to evolve and change. 
Yes, there were days way back when I was sitting in a white mink coat washing down my chopped chicken liver appetizer with a bottle of vodka at Sammy's Roumanian. I still love romanticizing and joking about the "bad stuff", as much as I love bringing up a particular trip to Paris, where I tried and rated the foie gras with every meal at every restaurant... I know it's horrible, but I  believe in owning your mistakes as they make you who you are today.

I think it's so easy to make the transition and became vegan when you are the pizza-burger-fast food type. 
I wasn't sure I could stay vegan without cheating unless I find a tasty substitute to exotic game, chopped liver and pate. I was eating raw walnut pate for years which has the texture, but it's really hard to get the right flavor. 

The first time I tasted Faux Gras Toasted Walnut Lentil Paté, I couldn't believe it was healthy and vegan. If there is a vegan food Oscar, this product deserves it. It's so decadent, savory and creamy; perfect with crackers or veggies, as a breakfast spread on toast, as a sandwich filling or rolled up in nori rolls. 
The Faux Gras is made with all natural, whole food ingredients like lentils, walnuts and caramelized onions, it's amazing and addictive. Everyone I introduced to this product buys it weekly.
The Faux Gras is available at all the better health food stores in NYC. Now even if you don't live in New York, you can order it online at http://www.theregalvegan.com/site/faux_gras

No comments:

Post a Comment